The Common Grain Alliance connects and supports farmers, millers, and bakers to build a vibrant, integrated, and sustainable grain economy in Virginia and surrounding areas.
We aim to build a collaborative, sustainable, and profitable grain economy in which local and regional businesses produce nutritious, flavorful, and consistent grain products. The organization will:
- Expand and strengthen the network of grain-economy participants in Virginia and surrounding areas.
- Help participants acquire the knowledge and skills they need through speaker series, workshops, hands-on training, and other educational opportunities.
- Assist participants, especially farmers, with market access.
- Develop shared infrastructure.
- Establish farming and grain quality standards and certification processes that provide participants with a marketable quality rating.
- Educate consumers and policy makers on the value of local and regional grains and artisanal grain products through advocacy and marketing.