We are a membership-driven organization, so we need the involvement of many interested people like yourself in order to continue our work to build a more local and distinct grain economy. We welcome professionals, home bakers, farmers, gardeners, cooks, educators, or any interested citizen who wants to help us with our mission.
By becoming a member, you will:
- Support the establishment of a local grain economy in and around Virginia.
- Access a growing network of grain growers and buyers.
- Attend member-only workshops, hands-on trainings, and educational seminars on using regional grains.
- Access data from CGA agronomic research and variety trials.
- Profit from CGA market insights and certifications.
- Obtain grant-writing assistance.
Become an official CGA member by filling out the form below. We will send you an invoice after receiving your signup. Membership is $100/year, pro-rated quarterly. The current fee: $25 for Oct-Dec 2018.
If becoming a member isn’t right for you right now, go ahead and join our mailing list and tell your friends!
Other ways you can get involved
Talk to your favorite local baker or pizza maker. Ask where they get their flour, and whether they use any local grains.
No baker close by? Taste the grain yourself. Buy some flour from one of our millers and make this pancake recipe from Amy Halloran.
Make a donation. We are applying for 501(c)3 status and donations will soon qualify as tax deductible. Please email us for more information.